June 22, 2003

Manta rays

I have had f* dives today. We basically missed the targeted dive sites 2 times and ended up swimming more than 45 minutes over an empty algae plate... First dive at 7AM was surprising..basically I thought for a moment we had 200m under us because it was pitch black..no the visibility was horizontally less than 10m and basically we could not see the bottom before being 5m from it. We were supposed to dive Cathedral (30m+) and we missed it, I wanted to find again this nice pink paperfish/leaffish and a small juvenile boxfish.

However I enjoyed surface time by snorkeling with several manta rays. I was playing with them while they were feeding at the surface and they obviously enjoyed being gently touched. One of them flipped to present me her white belly for a moment. I was even joined for a few seconds by dolphins that were swimming in the area. I tried to take pictures of all this but I basically missed 99% of the shots and the remaining 1% are quite average as you can see.

Manta ray (Manta birostrosis) Manta ray (Manta birostrosis) Manta ray (Manta birostrosis) Manta ray (Manta birostrosis) Bottlenosed dolphin (Tursiops truncatus) Manta ray (Manta birostrosis) Manta ray (Manta birostrosis) Manta ray (Manta birostrosis) Manta ray (Manta birostrosis) Manta ray (Manta birostrosis) Manta ray (Manta birostrosis) Manta ray (Manta birostrosis) Manta ray (Manta birostrosis) Manta ray (Manta birostrosis) Manta ray (Manta birostrosis) Manta ray (Manta birostrosis) Manta ray (Manta birostrosis) Manta ray (Manta birostrosis)

 
Posted by stephane at June 22, 2003 01:49 PM
Comments

tres moyennes!!!!
tu deviens difficile,toutes les photos ne sont pas toujours tres belles,en tous cas j'aimerais les avoir prises.
a+

Posted by: jano on June 24, 2003 08:36 PM

C'est juste frustant car ce sont des moments assez rares. Bon je mets ca sur le compte de la visibilité, les Bahamas c'est apparemment nettement mieux

Posted by: stephane on June 25, 2003 04:18 PM